Drinking water is the most important thing that you can do for your body.
TOP 10 REASONS WHY?
1. You can live only for 1 week without water.
2. Maintains healthy body weight by increasing metabolism and regulating appetite.
3. Leads to increased energy levels. Lack of water causes daytime fatigue.
4. Decreases the risk of certain types of cancers, including colon, bladder and breast cancer.
5. Significantly reduces joint and/or back pain.
6. Leads to overall greater health by flushing out wastes and bacteria that cause disease.
7. Prevents and alleviates headaches.
8. Moisturizes skin to give it a healthy, glowing appearance.
9. Aids in digestion and prevents constipation.
10. It is Essential for proper circulation.
Best rule of thumb is 2/3 of your body weight in ounces. So if you weigh 120 lbs., drink 80 ounces or 10 cups of water per day.
At a minimum drink 8 glass of water per day based upon the following schedule, assuming that you eat three meals per day plus one snack:
2 glasses when you wake up – helps activate internal organs.
1 glass 30 minutes before each meal or snack – helps digestion.
1 glass before taking a bath or shower – helps lower blood pressure.
1 glass before going to bed – avoids stroke or heart attack.
You need more water when you are exercising, in hot weather, fighting an illness, pregnant or breast feeding.